What Cetrizine 10mg tablets are and what they are used for
Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets is an antiallergic medication.
In adults and children aged 6 year and above, Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets are used:
- for the relief of symptoms of hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) and allergies such as dust or pet allergies (perennial allergic rhinitis), such as sneezing, itchy, runny and blocked nose, red and watery eyes.
- for the relief of swelling, redness and itchiness of the skin (symptoms of chronic idiopathic urticaria, which is also known as chronic nettle rash).
Do not take Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets
- if you have a severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below 10 ml/min).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to the active substance of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets or any of the other ingredients of these tablets
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to hydroxyzine (closely related active substances of other medicines).
- if you are known to be allergic (hypersensitive) to drugs from the piperazine family, for example buclizine, cyclizine, meclozine, levocetirizine.
How to take Cetirizine Tablets
Adults and adolescents above 12 years old:
10 mg once daily as one tablet.
Children between 6 and 12 years old:
5 mg twice daily as half a tablet.
Patients with kidney problems:
Patients with moderate renal impairment are recommended to take 5 mg once daily as a half tablet.
If you feel that the effect of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets is too weak or too strong, please consult your doctor.
If you take more Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets than you should
If you think you have taken an overdose of Cetirizine 10 mg Tablets, please inform your doctor. Your doctor will then decide what measures, if any, should be taken.
After an overdose, the side effects described below may occur with increased intensity. Adverse effects such as confusion, diarrhoea, dizziness, tiredness, headache, ailing, dilating (widening) of the pupil, itching, restlessness, sedation, somnolence, stupor, abnormal rapid heart rate, tremors and urinary retention have been reported.